Dead Sea Restaurants
The Last Chance
Open Saturdays: No
Price range: Medium
Address: Almog Junction, Northern Dead Sea
The Last Chance is located on the road leading from the Dead Sea towards Jerusalem, after Almog Junction. This roadside tavern was built by Danny, the owner, from local raw materials such as palm branches, reeds, local stone and plenty of love and affection. The food is Israeli-style, tasty and unique. The menu includes homemade hummus and falafel, maqluba rice, outstanding shaksuka, grilled meat, a large salad bar, and pita bread baked daily on the premises over scalding hot river rocks.
Here, you'll find dishes that you won't find in many other places in the area, like tahini cake and quality espresso.
The restaurant welcomes everyone from large groups touring the area to individual diners. See the restaurant website for information about events held on site, including tours of the palm groves owned by the restaurant owner's father, followed by a meal at the restaurant featuring dishes made with dates.
- Last Chance Restaurant offers separate meat and dairy menus.
- The dairy menu includes a selection of breakfast options including Morning Chance - pepper and tomato shakshuka served with salad and labaneh (54 NIS), malawah with a hard-boiled egg and tomatoes (52 NIS), Tunisian bread with tuna, roasted peppers and gouda cheese (49 NIS), and more.
The meat menu features hummus and kebab (32 NIS), spicy sausage shakshuka (46 NIS), lamb chops (105 NIS) and more.
- The restaurant features a smoking area, free parking and outdoor seating. It is child-friendly and can be booked for events.
- The Last Chance, Route 1, Jerusalem-Dead Sea, Almog
- Open Sun-Thurs from 8 AM until midnight, Fridays from 8 AM until sunset, and Saturday night from sundown until the last customers are served. Kosher