Dead Sea Tours
This two-day tour takes visitors to the most important landmarks in Jerusalem and the Judean Desert, ending at the Dead Sea.
Drive through Jerusalem to take in the monuments of this ancient city, residing alongside the bustling modern city.
Take a walking tour of the Old City and see:
- Mount Zion
- The Cardo – once a major thoroughfare of the ancient Roman city and now a modern shopping center
- Via Dolorosa – the final path that Jesus took through Jerusalem
- The Western Wall – the only remnant of the Second Temple and the holiest site for Jews around the world
Spend the night in Jerusalem before setting out for the second day of the tour.
Make sure to dress modestly. Head coverings are required for men at the Jewish holy sites (but forbidden at Christian sites), long trousers are required for all visitors, and women's knees and shoulders should be covered as well.
The second day of the tour will take you on a journey from the bustle of the city to the beautiful, serene Judean Desert, to travel back in time, learn the fascinating history of this area, and visit the Dead Sea, the lowest place in the world.
First, visit Masada – site of Herod's winter palace and the fortress where the Jewish rebels of the Great Revolt against the Romans took their lives just before the Roman enemy conquered their stronghold.
Then drive along the coast of the Dead Sea until you reach the Dead Sea Mineral Beach for an opportunity to enjoy the healing benefits of the Dead Sea minerals and mud, and float on the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
Don't forget a bathing suit and a hat and sunscreen to protect yourself from the harsh rays of the desert sun.
USD 297 per person sharing double room from Jerusalem
USD 297 per person sharing double room from Tel-Aviv
USD 297 per person sharing double room from Herzeliya
USD 297 per person sharing double room from Netanya
Single room rate: USD 377
- Transportation to the Dead Sea and back
- One night in a tourist-class hotel in Jerusalem, including bed and breakfast
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to Masada and cable rides in both directions
- Pickup times from hotels are as follows:
- Netanya – 6:30 AM
- Herzliya – 7:00 AM
- Tel Aviv – 7:20 AM
- Jerusalem – 9:00 AM
Return– 5-6:30 PM